Senior Linux Sysadmin / DevOps
Great architects focus on making their creations work brilliantly for their customers. That’s the way we think at Clydewire and we’re looking for someone who can take our builds to the next level. But it’s not just the build that matters. A passion for ensuring our cloud solutions continue to perform by maintaining them to the very highest standards is a prerequisite.
We work with some of the world’s most recognisable brands. You’ll need the confidence to initiate infrastructure improvements in order to optimize systems and the skills to seamlessly migrate applications from dedicated servers to new, state-of-the-art cloud solutions.
Our clients rely on us to keep their business critical system online, all of the time. So while you’ll have complex projects to manage, you’ll also provide vital support services for our clients, swiftly responding to incidents, resolving problems quickly and efficiently and fixing bugs.
In return we offer a competitive salary (commensurate with experience and skill set) and a range of additional benefits designed to allow your skills to flourish and our team to excel.
- Highly competitive salary (commensurate with experience and ability)
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Flexible working
- Free food and drinks
- Opportunity to directly contribute to the success of Blue Chip clients
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities
Your role will be split between project work (50%) and event driven tasks (50%) raised by:
- System alerts
- Server monitoring email alerts
- Cron Email
The primary responsibilities are listed below, but expect to be challenged in what is an exciting, fast moving business environment:
- Making sure client systems, servers and networks are always online and operational.
- Customer communication
- Onboarding new clients
- Building and setup of new hosting solutions
- Providing unrivalled customer service
- Being the first responder for customer issues raised, including critical incidents
- Participating in OnCall™ rota.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of systems and network issues/outage events
- Incident and outage analysis and reporting
- Planning and carry out scheduled maintenance
- Installing system and security updates
- Performing security audits and reports
- Improving monitoring infrastructure
- Creating development and testing environment
- Carrying out ad-hoc / scheduled restore requests
- Writing documentation
- Fixing bugs
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- 10 + years’ experience
- Accomplished problem solver
- Passionate about providing great service
- Independent thinker
- Team player
- Positive outlook
We are looking for someone familiar and competent in most or all of the areas below:
- AWS Cloud Platform
- IONOS Enterprise Cloud
- Basic LAMP stack including: Linux Centos, Apache, MySQL, Nginx, php-fpm, LiteSpeed
- Virtualization technologies including: LVM for storage & Xen for OS
- Amazon Web Services (primarily EC2, CloudFront & Elastic Load Balancers)
- Productivity apps like Slack, Google S-suite
- Comfortable fixing bugs in PHP and Perl
- Layer 2, 3 & 4 networking.
- Infrastructure services including: DHCP, DNS (BIND), SMTP, POP, SSH, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS
- Network monitoring software including: Nagios, MRTG
- Firewalls and VPN software: Juniper, IPTables, OpenVPN
- Ansible for configuration management
- Database services; MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and Couchbase